Monday, August 9, 2010

Holidays for Tuesday

Some important holidays are coming up tomorrow. First and I think foremost, S'mores Day. Boy, those were a favorite when I was a girl scout. Yes, I was a scout. Hard to believe. We would make those s'mores when we went camping. It is also Smithsonian Day. If you are up that way, stop in at the Smithsonian and see Archie Bunker's Chair or Dorothy's red ruby slippers. Cool stuff.
Tomorrow is also Perigean Spring Tides Day. Now some of you uninformed people may need a little help on this one so I am going to provide some information on this most auspicious occasion.What I have been able to ascertain is that perigee is when the moon is closest to the earth. So this day would celebrate the tides that occur when the moon is closest to the earth. Some scientists claim this causes flooding. Others say no it doesn't. I say don't spend much time on this holiday. Just eat your s'mores.
Now the last one I have no clue why this would be a holiday. It is National Duran Duran Day. Now I ask you, Did you like Duran Duran during their day? Are they still around" Why did they have a first name and last name exactly the same? I am just going to wait till National Neil Diamond Neil Diamond Day.

No comments: