Monday, August 23, 2010

The First Day of School

Oh, what a disaster! We started out the day pretty well, with all in its place. Unfortunately, as often happens in the fall in south Florida, severe thunderstorms started right at dismissal time. Our carefully planned and executed first day went awry as we tried to get all 1200 of our children safely home. It was exhausting and of course, the children were not yet trained how to go through the drill and get from point A to point B without problems. So my reaction was to find something funny to charge me back up again.
I've always liked plays on words, specifically puns. So I went online and found some that I thought were funny. These caught my eye...
What would you get if you crossed a parrot with a centipede? A walkie-talkie!
A termite walks into a bar and asks, "Is the bar tender here?"
I used to be a marathon runner but couldn't stand the agony of de feet.
What is the difference between an ornithologist and a stutterer? One is a bird watcher and the other is a word botcher.
And just one more...
If we cantelope, lettuce marry! (Groan!)

No comments: