Sunday, August 8, 2010

Bloggers Beware!

OK I may be slow but I am learning. Last night I added my video section, and if you are interested in Boomer Humor please go onto to the YouTube link. I love it. I think it should be my theme song for my book.
Hopefully you have gotten your zucchini ready for your holiday events tonight. I did my research on Eleanor Roosevelt and added a couple of her best quotes in my last blog. Here is another one she said: "A little simplification would be the first step toward rational living, I think."
Heck, I have already started that simplification stuff. She would probably like my chapter on creating the Low Maintenance Life. Talk about simplification.
I am finding that simplifying is becoming important. All the "stuff" that I have collected over the years is weighing me down. I am giving it away, selling it in garage sales and re-inventing myself. Now, if I could only get George to enter this simplification movement with me. He clutches his 65 years of gathered crap tightly and will not throw anything out or give it away. Once in a while, he offers me some token of garbage to get rid of. It is supposed to give me hope that eventually he will get rid of some of the piles of stuff that he is saving. With George, the rule is, "If I haven't used it in fifteen years, I will keep it for a few more decades. You never know when I might need it."
My response is that if you have not used it in 15 years, "No offense, honey, but toss it. It's crap." George usually wins unless I can spirit some of it out of the house in small doses.
Well, we are off to make some "Happiness Happen" for Cory and Ashlee and for ourselves by going to lunch with them.

No comments: