Saturday, August 7, 2010

Holidays for Sunday

I am taking a break from painting my cotton candy bedroom to provide you with tomorrow's holidays so that you will not be cast adrift like a piece of flotsam at sea.

For our writer friends, tomorrow is the "Day to Create." So no more excuses. BIC (Butt in Chair) and write. Celebrate writing.
It is also Eleanor Roosevelt Day. Celebrate her day by learning a few facts about her.
I have a couple of quotes from her that you may enjoy. "A woman is like a tea bag- you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." and my favorite one..."I once had a rose named after me and I was very flattered. But I was not pleased to read the description in the catalogue: no good in a bed, but fine up against a wall." What a sense of humor!

It is also "Happiness Happens" Day. Seems to be an offshoot of the one that says "Shit Happens." And remember, you can create your own happiness by being true to yourself.
It also happens to be "Assistance Dog Day" which is kind of cool. I did some research on Assistance Dogs and have a great respect for what they can do and how their owners depend on them.
Finally, my favorite. I am hoping none of my neighbors are reading my post. It will be "Sneak Some Zucchini Onto Your Neighbor's Porch Night." I have not researched this yet but have my own suggestions to make this a safe and fun night.
1. Decide on cooked or raw zucchini.
2. Raw zucchini should not be hurled from a car window. That is a sign of aggression.
3. Cooked zucchini in a casserole is an appropriate expression of holiday celebration.
It also should not be hurled from a car window.
4. Anonymous gifts will probably be trashed. If you took a long time to make a
delicious zucchini pie, you might want to take credit for it.
5. Do not include random objects in the zucchini casserole or pie. This does not make
good neighbors.
I will personally be celebrating "Happiness Happens Day" because I will be having lunch with my husband, my son, Cory and his girlfriend, Ashlee. That sounds pretty happy to me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sooo many holidays, so little ice cream! blog is fun and informative. I'd link yours to mine if I knew how. I'm still trying to install a counter. Jody Worsham http://themedicaremom.blogspot.com

Sharon said...

Great news - funny too. I'm heading out to get some ice cream right now. I'm with Jody on the linking thing.