Monday, June 6, 2011

Onward Toward Working Out

     Well, if you checked my blog a few days ago, you might remember that I had experienced a renewed determination to become healthier and more fit. That was about 10 days ago, I think. Well, I am moving now, no longer at the pace of a sloth, but of a Jeanne Kraus. 

     After my trainer, Arnaldo, chastised me for not working out during the whole 6 months he was gone, I felt really bad. The bad feeling did not translate into any kind of working out experience during that week. Except George and I walked around the block once.  
  
Huff Puff!


     So there I was last Saturday thinking, "OK, Arnaldo is coming over again and I still haven't done squat. What shall I do?" 

     My first thought was that I would lie to him and tell him I did work out. He'd never know, and it would make him so happy. But no, I didn't. He could tell that the exercise ball still needed more air, the equipment was dusty, he wasn't born yesterday.

     So I confessed to him that, while I was moving closer to exercise, I had not quite achieved Nirvana yet. I had not broken out in a sweat. 

Arnaldo was sad.


     This week will be different. Right after a disappointed, disillusioned Arnaldo left me on Saturday, we went to "Sports R US", not a place I had previously frequented, and decided to buy some Exercise Stuff. First was a mat since I needed a comfortable place to put my body on. Then we got a ball inflater thingy. 
These are squats. They leave ball marks on your wall.
       

This is not me.
     Well, I unfolded the mat yesterday and we inflated the ball. I actually did some squats (technical term for knee-threatening very difficult actions) with the ball. Then I put it away. Now that I am home tonight I am thinking of trying something else but I don't want to burn out. That's why I'm blogging instead.


Oh, my abs! My aching abs!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find when I get the urge to exercise that if I just sit down for a minute and have a cool drink and maybe watch some television that it passes and I am fine again. Try it, you'll like it.

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

I used to excercise regulary but was told to stop for a health issue .......and the weight piled on, I hope to resume excercising again within the next few weeks.

Yvonne.

Sally Wessely said...

I feel your pain. I have the same problems with exercise, but in my mind I am changing my ways. So far, the changes have resulted in changing my actions. :0

Bodacious Boomer said...

I think Arnaldo could get me to do just about anything. Good for you keeping on track!

Is that really him??

jkraus8464 said...

No that is not Arnaldo. He is just a Google Image, like so many others.