Saturday, November 20, 2010

Gas on Mars

George, my husband, likes to watch anything educational on TV. As for me, I don't really want to be educated in my spare time. I teach in a school all day and by the time I get home, I look forward to TV's best mindless drivel shows. I don't want to have to think.
However, George was explaining, in his own unique way, what he learned from his latest educational show and I have to tell you, it interested me a great deal. It seems that, now remember, this is all coming from George's memory. I am not ascertaining that it is scientific fact, because I did not watch the show. But it seems that scientists have discovered fresh methane gas on Mars. So what, you say?
Well, I'll tell you what. A good source of methane gas is, of course, fresh cow patties out in the pasture. It is the same gas that causes...well, farts.
So what does that lead me to believe? Lots of interesting theories.
There are cows on Mars.
Martians tend to be a bit gassy.
Martians eat a lot of beans, which means beans grow on Mars.
I am not sure that we should be thinking about going to Mars anymore. We have enough gas here on earth.
It is nice to know that we are not the only gassy beings in the solar system. Now I am suspicious about that dense layer of clouds around Venus. Venusians are probably farting up a storm there. Time will tell.

No comments: