Sunday, November 7, 2010

Daylight Saving Time

In my quest for accomplishment, I always look forward to daylight saving time. I am gifted with an extra hour for each day. It's like a dream come true. And it leads me to visions of extraordinary productivity, at least on the first day.

In my book, "Wrinkles, Waistlines and Wet Pants," I actually examine the data of how leading a low-maintenance kind of Jeanne Kraus life can actually provide many extra hours of fun, frolic, and general carousing. Careful comparison of my maintenance lifestyle to those of a HMC (High Maintenance Chick) revealed some interesting data. My life yields an extra 66 hours and 30 minutes per week, compared to the HMC. In the average year, I can gain 3.445 extra hours. In ten years it swells to 34, 450 hours, which amounts to 1,435 extra days to play around with.

So my low maintenance lifestyle is a blessing I bestow upon myself. And daylight saving time, well, that is the icing on the cake. So today should be productive.

Unfortunately, some issues this morning have caused it to be a little less productive than I had hoped. The camera we rushed out and bought Friday night does not seem what we wanted at all, and so we have to return it today. In addition, I spent my extra hour trying to figure out how to send an email on a mailing list site, which is supposed to be so easy even a monkey can do it.

Add to that several errands, and the fact that I got a reminder call that I am due for a haircut appointment today (my one high maintenance allowance for myself) and my Sunday off is frittered away like seeds on a windy day. Oh well, there is always next weekend.

1 comment:

Bodaciousboomer said...

The older I get, the more I think productivity is overrated.