Sunday, January 1, 2012

Ellen Degeneres

     One year ago today, I blogged about the fact that the only thing left on my Bucket List was to go on the Ellen show and meet her. I gave some good reasons for being considered:
Number 1 on the B.L.

     1. She has way too many young people, especially kids, on her show. They have plenty more time to develop their talent. I am 61 and the clock is ticking. There is a sense of urgency.
Lil' P' Nut has lots of years ahead.
    

Ellen Rocks!
2. Ellen and I could be best friends. I know that because she is quirky and loves animals. She is not afraid to speak her mind. (She does dance better than me but I could learn.)

     3. The Baby Boomer segment of society is being under-represented on her show. She needs me. 

      4. I have many talents. I can, um...write books and speak humorously. I cannot sing but am willing to try if that is what she wants. She seems to like singers a lot. 

     5. I blog. 

     6. I have been a teacher for 32 years. I love working with kids and new teachers. Most of all, I love seeing kids when they are grown up and seeing who they have become.

     So my annual BLOG for ELLEN is out again. I hope she remembers that I was able to accomplish my Number 2 on my Bucket List a few years ago: Meet Dave Barry.

Me n' Dave

     One out of 2! Not bad!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you get your wish. That's a show I'd watch.

Karen Jones Gowen said...

How cool that you got everything done on your bucket list except for one thing! Which I'm sure is #1 on your list for this year.

jkraus8464 said...

Karen, I love this comment. It is very positive. However, the fact that there are (were) only 2 things on my Bucket List sort of negates the positive, making me only 50% successful so far. I have to keep on chugging!

Bodacious Boomer said...

I agree with you Miss Jeanne. Women our age are vastly underseen on TV; and we are waaay more interesting.