|For Children: Homework and Study Skills|
|Baby Boomer Humor|
|For Children: All About ADHD|
Since I have been promoting my books, I have done a number of radio interviews for my third book, "Wrinkles, Waistlines and Wet Pants." The first interview can be a little nerve-wracking, causing severe moments of self-doubt...
1. What if I freeze up and don't say anthing at all? (not likely)
2. What if I talk too much and take over the interview, drowning out the host? (more likely)
3. What if we both keep talking at the same time and can't get the timing right? (pretty likely)
4. What if I accidentally use a bad word on live radio? (quite likely)
5. What if I screw up somehow on this end and the technology phone call does not work. What if all they get is fizz on the radio? (pretty likely)
So you can see that in order for me to do a radio interview, I had to put aside a lot of self-doubt. And I am so glad I did. Radio interviews are really fun, just conversations where you and your books are the main subject of conversation.
Some of the interviews have been more refined such as the ones I do for Anita Finley of Boomer Times in Florida. Anita is a positive and wonderful person who is really active. It is like meeting an old friend for lunch when I talk to her.
Then there was my interview with Bulldog and the Dude, which had a totally different ambience to it. We spent most of the interview time talking about peeing and how to do it in public places.
And then of course, I loved being interviewed on Magic 102.7, my favorite classic rock station that I listen to everyday. It was great talking to the very people that I listen to in my car in the morning on the way to work.
Radio interviews have one other definite plus. You can be in your jammies, your hair sticking out all over, don't have to get dressed up for these interviews. You're not judged by how you look or act. On the radio, for all they know, I could be anyone. Wow. Cool!
|Jeanne Kraus, Extraordinary Author|
|Jeanne Kraus, Superlative Interviews|
|Jeanne Kraus, Hot Writer|