Monday, March 5, 2012

Random Thoughts

    In 5 days I will be a mother-in-law again. Happy times for our family again. 


 Of course, true to form, I am struggling with laryngitis and what appears to be bad allergies or a cold. In addition, my cracked tooth and possibly broken baby toe are giving me some pain but what would be a wedding without some pain? 

After all, Cory's wedding was right after my kidney stone attack and a fall I had the morning of the wedding, causing me to limp in pain most of the night. The groom's father, too, was ill, as a matter of fact, in the hospital where he missed the wedding. So this is nothing new but really. 


No drama please
Can't we just have a wedding without all the drama?



 Is this because my kids decided to wait and get married in their 30s and their parents just got worn away in the meantime? It's a lesson to young people everywhere. 


In the meantime, luck has been shining in other arenas of my life. 1. My new book, written for ADHD girls, is coming along beautifully. It is so cute, the sample pages I have seen, and I cannot wait for it to come out. 

2. More good luck. I called the IRS office today and was only on hold for 13 minutes. I think that is some kind of a record. 



3. The horrible tornadoes that have devastated the United States came very close to my loved ones, Cory and Ashlee, but left them okay and unscathed in Louisville. So I think I have had more than my share of luck as of late. Except for my toe, my tooth, and my cold thingy. The bigger picture looks wonderful!   

3 comments:

Susan Kane said...

I know you would laugh, if it didn't hurt so much. Great post. Love the mention of IRS.

The tornadoes are so frightening.

Anonymous said...

What a positive way of looking at things you have.

jkraus8464 said...

I don't know why that is. I have always been that way, maybe because I have had to build up some resilience to life's happenings. All I know is that it comes in handy when you need it. I am a firm believer in the one door closing and a window opening for you. But I would feel even more positive if this laryngitis would go away.