Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Week After Christmas

Yes, I know I just wrote another blog on Self-Cleaning Ovens but I thought you, the readers, might enjoy my take on "The Week After Christmas."


‘Twas the week after Christmas
And Jeanne was still working
The shopping all finished
The housework she’s shirking

The cats are lying all snug in their beds
While visions of catnip danced in their heads.
The dryer was spinning the laundry with care.
In hopes that someone would soon be right there.

The washer had started, the clothes were all in it
But the pile of laundry had grown by the minute
with underwear, tablecloths, towels by the score
alas, the poor washer just couldn’t take more.

We put away presents, we took down the tree
We swept broken ornaments , just 2 or 3
Shiny glass ornaments make good cat toys
Swinging and swaying, and CRASH, what a noise!

The doggie had doodled once more on the rug
“Too cold to go peepee,” she said with a shrug.


The list of the things I must do is too long
I’ve crossed off the first three
Now I’m going strong

But wait, there are messages now in my box
My Kindle is waiting; I need my warm sox.
I should be writing and cleaning my home
But it’s time for a nap so just leave me alone!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Great job, Jeanne. Very creative, and funny too.